Director of MEI RAS, Corresponding Member of RAS, Doctor of Economics, Professor
Phone: +7 (499) 129-10-33
Graduated from the Moscow Power Engineering Institute (MEI, 1988), worked as an engineer at the department of the Institute (1988-1991), graduated from the MPI (1993). Since 1995 he worked in the Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences as a senior researcher, head of the laboratory, a scientific secretary and deputy director of the institute. At the meeting of the Academic Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences, held January 13, 2014, was appointed Acting Director of the Institute, November 20, 2014 was elected general meeting of the Institute staff by the Director of the Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and on December 4, 2014, FANO’s order was approved in this post (FANO is Federal Agency of Scientific Organizations).
PhD thesis “Financial and industrial groups in the system of levers of stabilization of the Russian economy” was defended in the dissertation council of the CEMI RAS (1997). Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences “Macroeconomic problems of the formation and development of financial and industrial groups in the Russian economy” defended in the Dissertation Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2002). Since 2002 he is an assistant professor, and since 2005 – a professor in the specialty “Economics and management of the national economy”. In 2008, he was elected Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences for the Department of Social Sciences, majoring in Economics, Regional Economics.
V.A. Tsvetkov is one of the most highly qualified and well-known specialists in the field of economics and management of the national economy. He is the author and co-author of more than 250 scientific papers, totaling 300 books, including 48 monographs (6 of which are individual), with a total volume of more than 300 printed sheets. As of January 04, 2017 its Hirsch index in the RINC is 40.
Tsvetkov V.A. – Program Coordinator, Division of Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences “Modernization and Economic Security of Russia” (2015) and Program of the Social Sciences Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences “National Economic Security of Russia in the context of exacerbation of objective and initiated risks and threats” (2015-2017).
He conducts pedagogical work, lectures and holds seminars at the State University of Management and at the Military University of Moscow. Under his guidance 8 candidate and doctoral dissertations were successfully defended. He became a laureate of the Foundation for Assistance to National Science three times during the period 2002-2006 (grant under the program “The best economists of the RAS”). Has a government award.
A special place in the scientific work of V.A. Tsvetkov takes questions of the methodology of macroeconomic analysis, the problems of forming a competitive environment, as well as analysis of the impact of structural changes on long-term economic dynamics. His most important works contain a theoretical analysis of the current state, opportunities and prospects for Russia’s socioeconomic development from the perspective of innovative economic transformations, including variant results of forecast estimates and various scenarios of the country’s socio-economic development for the long term.
V.A. Tsvetkov proposed and tested original models for improving the ways of regulating cyclical fluctuations in macroeconomic dynamics and the strategy of advanced development. On this basis, the potential for modernizing Russia’s economy in the context of its cooperation with other CIS countries is analyzed. Developed proposals aimed at restoring the country’s capacious domestic market on the basis of the formation of a common economic space between the CIS countries.
A complex system study of the evolutionary model of the transport and transit system of Russia under the conditions of integration and globalization and the development of scientifically sound proposals for the modernization of this industry in the context of the innovative path of development was carried out. Approaches to increase the transit possibilities of the Russian territories in conditions of market competition of infrastructure projects are determined. The theoretical and methodological provisions, methods and practical recommendations for the formation and implementation of the multilevel industrial policy of the Russian Federation in the context of deepening economic integration, taking into account the systematization of environmental factors (mega-, macro-, meso- and microenvironments) have been developed. A conceptual model of energy security management in the region has been developed, which provides the solution of three blocks of tasks: balanced development of the region; sustainable development and operation of energy infrastructure; energy efficiency and energy saving in the region.
Obtained in the works of V.A. Tsvetkov results are used for the preparation of analytical reports, briefs and notes for the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (RF CCI); when preparing a number of bills of the State Duma and the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. They are used also in the educational process when reading lecture courses in a number of higher educational institutions.
V.A. Tsvetkov made a great contribution:
- in the study of the theory and methodology of the formation of the countries market economy, the dynamics and structure of the national economy, both at the national and regional levels;
- in the study of the theory of economic development in conditions of instability; the concept of innovation-investment and advanced development;
- in studying the mechanisms of formation and general patterns of behavior of corporate structures and their impact on the national economy and the dynamics of the main macroeconomic indicators in the conditions of the formation of a market economy;
- in the study of the assessment of the effectiveness of industrial and territorial integration as the basis for increasing the economic security of the territory.
Basic results of scientific investigations:
- the methodical bases of the theory of economic development in the conditions of instability and the concept of innovative-investment and advanced development in the transformational economy have been developed;
- original models were developed and tested to improve the ways of regulating cyclical fluctuations in macroeconomic dynamics and the strategy of advanced development;
- a qualitatively new method for assessing the impact of industrial integration on the state of production and economic complexes was proposed, taking into account the definition of general and special conditions and factors of economic growth;
- The main regularities of formation and features of functioning of large economic regions as specific objects of economic planning and development are determined taking into account possible ways of their integration into the world economy.
Scientific and public responsibilities:
- Chairman of the Academic Council of the “Institute for Market Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences”;
- Member of the Academic Council of the Central Federal Economic University “Central Economics and Mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences”;
- Member of the Scientific and Expert Council under the Chairman of the Federation Council;
- Member of the Scientific Council under the Security Council of the Russian Federation;
- Member of the Working Group of the Eurasian Economic Commission on the formation of a single market of services;
- Member of the Working Group on the interaction of the FANO with the federal state budgetary institution “RAS” on the structuring of scientific organizations subordinate to the FANO;
- Chairman of the Expert Commission of the Division of Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the evaluation of scientific projects of young scientists of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the scientific works of young scientists and students of higher educational institutions in the field of economics;
- Chairman of the State Energy Committee of the Higher School of Finance and Management of the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Service;
- Chairman of the Dissertation Council of Institute for Market Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Chairman of the Editorial Board of the International Scientific Electronic Journal “Market Economy Problems”;
- Member of the Editorial Boards of the journals “Economics of the Northwest: Problems and Prospects for Development”, “Economic Science of Modern Russia”, “Bulletin of the Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy of Sciences”, “Regional Problems of Economic Transformation”;
- Member of the Editorial Board of the magazines “Economist”, “Financial analytics”, “Management of a megacity”, “Economics and mathematical modeling”;
- Member of the International Editorial Board of the scientific and theoretical journal “Vestnik (Tajik State University of Law, Business and Politics)” Series of Social Sciences and the Humanities Series.